Friday, October 8, 2010

My Cat may be an Alcoholic


Around 1:30am last night, I found myself meeting two drunk men on the dark streets of huntington beach to pick up my cat who had found them at a bar and followed them home....

A little after 1 am, a number I didn't recognize tried calling me a couple of times, and then left this voicemail:




Yes, that's right " your cat venice was found at a bar". That bar is not that close to my house, it's about 6 blocks away, and when I called the guy back, he said "Yeah your cat was hanging around the bar, and then she just followed us home", they lived another 5 blocks away from the bar. My little hoodrat...i mean cat.... hangs around bars all hours of the night, follows men home, and then comes back smelling like cigarettes and booze!!! The guys were nice enough to walk her in my direction, I met up with them, pulled venice out of the inebriated young man's jacket which reeked of cigarettes, as did venice, and took her home as she GROWLED at me, like I had an angry teenager that was pissed at me for embarrassing her after being out past curfew....

Maybe she's frustrated with home life because of the possums that hang around our house and try to eat her food :

But my dad and I spent about 16 hours building her a possum-proof, weather-proof, state of the art multi-level cat house with custom carpet, slanted roof for rain control, windows, and high rise feet to keep the bottom dry...

So, I think she has it okay here. I wish I could say it was the first time she got out of hand, but last week a boy named Gavin returned her, and a few months before, someone texted me to tell me she had entered a house party on 12th st. So, if you see this girl hanging around the local bars, please, send her home...



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Venice, Venice, Venice . . . That is hilarious!!! Be careful with those drunk men! Too funny!

Erin said...

hahahahhahaa - this is the funniest thing i have EVER seen. EVER.

Shauna said...

Erin pointed me in this direction. I didnt even know you had a blog until right now.

I AM IMPRESSED BY:

1. I have never known a cat to get in trouble
2. That house of hers is really impressive. maybe you should sit her down and explain to her if shes going to to be sneaking out getting drunk, she cant live on her own and shes going to have to move back home with you.

DAMN CAT.